Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Putting Song Sets Together – The Four Step Approach


I was newly married and trying to impress my beautiful bride, Elsa with my handyman skills. 

I was going to mount a garbage can on the inside cabinet door under our kitchen sink. 

I grabbed the power drill and proceeded to drill a hole straight through the cabinet door. Oops! Elsa was gracious and forgiving. But so much for impressing my new bride.

I’ve decided since that day that I generally never trust a guitar player with a power tool.

When a master craftsman goes to build a fine piece of furniture he or she can’t just throw random pieces of wood together and hope it comes out beautifully.

A master craftsman requires a plan, tools and great skills. (They also require patience and precision which is exactly why I don’t build clocks or furniture)

Building a worship set is a lot like this. You require the plan, tools and skills.

Over the coming posts I’ll be writing about different plans that may help you in putting a worship set together. Think of them as woodworking plans to build beautiful grandfather clocks – they’ll all look a little different but the end results serve the same purpose.

The first ‘plan’ is the Four Step Approach. This has been used by worship leaders for decades. Many have been given credit for this plan so it’s hard to say who the original proponent of this plan is.

Here’s a little teaser graphic. In my next post I’ll start to break this down step by step.


Until next time, if you’re a guitar player – be very, very careful with those power tools.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We would love to see you at Break Forth Canada 2013. There's nothing like this in the world. Click the image below for more information:







No comments:

Post a Comment